Dell EqualLogic software gives you enterprise power with everyday simplicity by offering end-to-end solutions so you can efficiently move the right data to the right place at the right time for the right cost. EqualLogic PS Series is inspired by its users with built-in advanced software features enabling high-end storage to organizations of all sizes with no additional licensing fees.
The EqualLogic advanced software features enables IT professionals to:
- Virtualize storage environments easily
- Protect business critical data
- Optimize storage performance
- Streamline storage management and operations
By using the advanced features in EqualLogic, IT departments can leverage existing investments and maximize the capabilities of PS Series. Let EqualLogic do the work for you, while still maintaining control of your storage environment.
Advanced Software includes:
EqualLogic Array Software, including* EqualLogic Firmware*, *EqualLogic Group Manager* and *EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility provides you with advanced SAN functions that automatically virtualizes and optimizes storage resources and provides advanced data protection and SAN management.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters, a full-featured monitoring and analysis tool for EqualLogic PS storage arrays, helps strengthen your ability to analyze and optimize storage performance and resource allocation.
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools enable efficient data protection and simplify management and operation of the EqualLogic SAN through tight integration with Microsoft® , VMware® and Linux® operating platforms and applications. These tools can reduce the time spent on storage management while increasing the reliability and performance of the environment.
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools for Linux® tightly integrate the EqualLogic PS Series arrays with Linux host operating platform enabling performance optimization and streamlined management and operation.
What’s new in Host Integration Tools for Linux 1.2?
Feature enhancements include:
Protect Business Critical Data: Optimize Storage Performance: Streamline Storage Management and Operation: EqualLogic Multipath I/O (MPIO)
- Support for EqualLogic Array Software 6.0 features including synchronous replication and volume rethinning
- EqualLogic Volume Rethinning Facility (eqlvolume) to manage the available storage on thin-provisioned volumes (Array Software 6.0 or later required
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 5.7, 5.8, 6.2 and 6.3; SUSE Enterprise Linux Server (SLES) 11 SP1, SP2
The unique peer storage architecture of EqualLogic storage arrays automatically balances workloads by seamlessly spreading data across multiple active storage resources, and optimizing the available network connections, cache, controllers, and drives. EqualLogic Multipath I/O (MPIO) enables Linux platforms to intelligently leverage EqualLogic SAN architecture, Storage and Network usage for optimized performance for customer environments.
- EqualLogic Multipath I/O (MPIO) enables intelligent and dynamic routing of your iSCSI SAN traffic load over multiple network paths between the server and the EqualLogic PS Series group.
- Provides increased bandwidth, reduced network latency, automatic connection management, failover and load balancing.
Host Performance and Configuration Tuning Suite (eqltune)
eqltune verifies a Linux system for optimal set of iSCSI performance configuration. Helps users optimally tune a Linux system to work with EqualLogic array thereby enhancing performance and usability.
EqualLogic Volume Rethinning Facility (eqlvolume)
eqlvolume, which requires version 6.0 or later of the PS Series Array Software, manages the available storage on thin-provisioned volumes. It helps display information on mount points using Dell EqualLogic volumes, recommend volumes for rethinning, and perform on-demand rethinning.
EqualLogic Remote Setup Wizard Command Line Interface (RSWCLI)
With the EqualLogic RSWCLI, traditionally tedious tasks of discovering and setting up storage arrays and server connections are simplified using an intuitive, step-by-step user interface. Configuration of multi-path I/O (MPIO) between your Linux servers and a Dell EqualLogic SAN is vastly simplified with RSWCLI. This can result in significant time savings and the assurance that MPIO has been configured properly to maximize the availability and performance of your deployment. For future upgrades, the Remote Setup Wizard helps you quickly and easily add EqualLogic arrays for online scale-out of storage capacity and linear, incremental performance improvement.
- RSWCLI automates discovery of uninitialized PS Series Arrays.
- Simplifies initializing new PS Series arrays, setting up PS Series groups, configuring server connection and multipath I/O.
EqualLogic Auto-Snapshot Manager/Linux Edition
Auto-Snapshot Manager/Linux Edition (ASM/LE) is a high performance, space-efficient, file system consistent data protection feature of Dell EqualLogic PS Series arrays that enable fast, online protection of Linux file system, folders and files. ASM/LE provides a command line interface (CLI) that coordinates the creation, recovery and scheduling of snapshots and replicas. The resulting file system-consistent snapshot and remote replicas can now be easily and rapidly managed, and recovered.
- Guarantees consistent and usable Smart Copies (snapshots, clones and replicas). This offers users data integrity of the file system-consistent Smart Copies. Ensures fast and efficient point-in-time online backup and recovery of a Linux file system by using SAN-based Smart Copies in the backend.
- Enables users to create and manage Smart Copy schedules ensuring that the right data is backed up at the right time with minimal administration overhead.
- Enables mounting of Smart Copy on a different machine.
- Supports the Linux file systems ext3, ext4, xfs and gfs2.
- Offers Soft Deletions for Smart Copies: When Smart Copy clones stored on PS Series arrays running Array Software 6.0 or later are deleted, they are held in a volume recovery bin for up to seven days where they can easily be restored.
Learn More about EqualLogic
new FlashLibraryActivate( 'http://i.dell.com/images/global/ac/shell/ac.swf?SED=true&appWidth=180&SDContent=false&BGColor=0xFFFFFF&allowCopy=false&basePath=images%2fglobal%2fac%2f&skinPath=standard&cssPath=western.css&xmlPath=equallogic-software-videos.xml','180','310','#FFFFFF','8',alternateMarkup73549befe77249d196016cda55c46b9b,'','flashID_0521aae2304140d991990a33c351cea4','high','noscale','true','opaque','false','');