Telephone Technical Support
Standard Telephone Technical Support
Standard Telephone Technical Support Operating Hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm local time, Monday through Friday (excluding public holiday).
Plus Telephone Technical Support
Plus Telephone Technical Support services, provides extended hours of remote phone based technical support services on Weekdays and Saturdays as outlined below:
Either Standard or Plus phone support hours are available for DellTM DimensionTM , InspironTM , XPSTM , VostroTM , OptiPlexTM , LatitudeTM and Dell PrecisionTM systems, Printer and PDAs . Operating Hours may vary according to local business hours.
- Monday to Friday : from 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Saturday : from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- A call to Dell Technical Support is required to initiate a service call;
- If it is deemed necessary following telephone based troubleshooting with a Dell technician, we will make arrangements for your system to be repaired under the terms of your service agreement
- Dell cannot initiate a service call outside local business hours;
- Dell Technical Support does not provide support for Network Operating Systems
- End User Support for Service Packs:
Dell provides telephone assistance for installation and configuration of Dell factory-installed Microsoft operating systems, excluding Custom Factory Integration items. Operating systems covered under this support are Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, and Windows® XP.
Installation and configuration support also covers service packs and/or service pack components (e.g., supplements, updates, and patches) for factory-installed operating systems, as well as service pack releases downloaded from the Microsoft website.
Example: A customer whose system shipped with Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 will now receive Dell support for installing Service Pack 3. Non-factory-installed operating systems are not included under this support.
- Products Currently Supported:
>Windows 2000 SP3
Windows® XP / SP1
Windows® XP / SP1a