Onsite SOHO Network Setup (1.5 Hours Onsite Service)
DellTM Services offers a unique 'at your door' network setup all small office computer users. With technical consultants throughout Australia and New Zealand, we can help you configure your peer-to-peer network to get your systems up and running in the shortest time possible.
Onsite SOHO Network Setup (1.5 Hours)
Our technical consultant will connect your Dell computer systems onto a Peer-to-Peer Windows® network. This service begins with the installation of the Network Interface Card (NIC) in one PC if the new Dell computer has built in NIC capabilities. Our technical consultant then connect the two computers together either to each other or to a hub and ensure that both computers can 'see' each other on the Network. Next, the consultant will set up the system so that the resources of each computer (printers and hard drives) can be shared between the computers. Your consultant will then check that each computer can open a file on the other computer across the new network. The service continues with the setup of a shared Internet connection and network configuration to use existing Internet and email settings. If time permits, our consultant will setup any security measures, which you require to prevent unauthorized access to shared resources.
Important Steps To Ensure Successful Setup
- Ensure that an adult is present onsite at the time of the installation
- Ensure that Dell is provided 24 hours notice if you wish to rearrange your appointment, otherwise additional charges may apply
- Ensure that the required power outlets and cables that are available have been installed close to the installation area. Customers may require up to 5 power outlets depending on their system and the number of peripherals installed
- The second computer to be connected must either be Network Ready or is compatible with currently available NICs. This means that the Operating System is Windows 98, Windows NT, or Windows XP. The PC must be "Plug'n'Play" compatible with an available PCI expansion slot. Please note that Windows 95 is not supported and systems must be virus free
- If required, customers must have suitable NIC for second PC with correct software drivers. NIC is to be new, with original documentation, PCI and is "Plug'n'Play"
- Equipment site must be pre-laid with correct Network Cabling in place or available. Cabling will not be run through walls, ducting or the like
- Where the computers are to be connected through a Hub, the Hub must have been previously installed and is in good working order
- Customer must provide the Windows Operating System CD's that were originally shipped with the System
- If a second email account is required, customers must have previously arranged to have a second Email account enabled with an appropriate account name and password with their existing ISP