DellTM Services offers a unique 'at your door' setup and training service to all home and small office computer users. We can help you configure your computer and train you on how to get the most out of it.
Onsite Computer Setup & Orientation (1 Hour)
Our technical consultant will install and test your Dell computer and any accessories, which you have purchased from Dell. This installation does not include any software application; installation or configuration other than may be specifically noted below. This service package includes:
- Assembling Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, Tower, Printer and Scanner
- Power up the computer and enter Windowsâe XP Product Key. Includes assisting you in accepting the Microsoftâ EULA and finalising the startup process
- Install Printer and Scanner; includes all associated software
- Test all accessories for correct operation
Subject to time availability, our consultant will provide you as much training in using your Dell Computer as is possible within the 1-Hour service. This typically covers effective restoration of your Dell Computer software in case of emergency, effective use of the Windows safety system and how to use any teaching aids supplied with your system. At the conclusion of the training you should have gained an overall greater knowledge and appreciation of your new computer.
Important Steps To Ensure Successful Setup
- Ensure that an adult is present onsite at the time of the installation
- Ensure that Dell is provided 24 hours notice if you wish to rearrange your appointment, otherwise additional charges may apply
- Place the Dell products in the immediate area (cubicle/desk) in which the products are to be installed
- Ensure that the required power outlets and cables have been installed close to the installation area. You may require up to 5 power outlets depending on your system and the number of peripherals to be installed
- Ensure that a phone point close to the computer is available or provide an extension lead, if necessary.
- Ensure also that the Internet Access CD-ROM and necessary drives is readily available onsite together with the connection number for dialup to the Internet