Gold Technical Support* (GTS) provides expert support when you need rapid problem resolution to help maximize uptime and productivity. GTS provides the following benefits:
- DellConnectTM remote diagnosis and resolution
- Access to advanced level technicians
- 24 x 7 Technical phone support
- Client Technical Account Manager for issue management
Gold Technical Support (GTS) helps ensure the comprehensive support you need is at your fingertips. GTS is available in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 year coverage to match your hardware warranty period and is available for DellTM systems you already own for the remaining duration of your hardware warranty.
The GTS support team is composed of advanced-level technicians who are MCP (software) and/or A+ (hardware) industry-certified, with significant training and tenure at Dell and possess a deep knowledge of Dell products.
- Highly trained MCSE Technical Account Managers available to support escalations within Dell and many third-party vendors.
- Your IT staff can bypass troubleshooting and access advanced level technicians who help diagnose the problem quickly and accurately.
- A secure Internet connection that enables Dell technicians to troubleshoot and often fix user problems remotely.
- Email support for greater response flexibility.
- Service Management Reports provided summarize GTS service usage, escalation history, and service trends.
- Register at PremierSupport.dell.com to receive monthly change notification updates that report on BIOS, drivers, and software that may affect hardware.
Next Business Day On-Site* Service
For those times when on-site service is required for a non-critical system, Dell offers Next Business Day On-Site* Service. Designed to provide a base level of customer security, this service option can place a Dell-certified technician at your location the following day, if necessary - after phone-based troubleshooting. In many cases, remote troubleshooting can help minimize overall system downtime by getting the issue quickly fixed remotely or helping us to dispatch the right part (if necessary).
Next Business-Day refers to the next business day during the Principal Period of Maintenance, which is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding holidays. If the service technician is dispatched for on-site service after 5:00 p.m. customer local time, the service technician may take an additional business day to arrive at your location. The actual response time on the next business day is dependent parts availability, geographical restrictions and terms of your service contract. Once the part is received, the technician will attempt to call you directly to schedule a specific time that is convenient to deliver the service.
International Service* Program
The Dell International Service* Program provides service and support for your Dell notebook computer while you are traveling with it outside of the country in which it was originally purchased.
Coverage is available for LatitudeTM and InspironTM notebooks when you purchase 3 years of Next Business Day (NBD) On-site* service. With this service, if you travel outside your home country and experience a problem with your computer, you can request international service in the countries where international service is available. Learn more about the International Services* Program and the countries in which service is available.