This page has been created to assist you in your purchasing decisions. We hope this reference tool provides answers to your questions - if you don't find what you need here, please call or go online for more information.
DELL'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All sales subject to Dell's terms and conditions. You can find them by clicking on "Terms of Sale" located at the bottom of our website, www.dell.co.in or on request.
GOODS BY DELIVERY ONLY: We supply direct from the factory to the customer so we have no showroom. Detailed product information can be found at our retail or distributor stores or www.dell.co.in . Dell India Private Limited is located at Divyasree Greens, Ground Floor, #12/1, 12/2A, 13/1A, Challaghatta Village, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore South, Bangalore - 560 071.
MISTAKES: While all efforts are made to check pricing and other errors, inadvertent errors do occur from time to time and Dell reserves the right to decline orders arising from such errors.
DVD+RW/+R DRIVE: Discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with some existing drives and players; using DVD+R media with +RW/+R drive provides maximum compatibility; R=capability to burn disc once; RW=capability to burn disc multiple times.
DVD/RW & DVD+/-RW DRIVE: Special media/disc and third party software may be required for certain applications.
SHARED MEMORY: : Between 32MB and 128 MB of system memory may be allocated to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
GIGABIT ETHERNET: This term does not connote an actual operating speed of 1GB/sec. For high speed transmission, connection to a Gigabit Ethernet server and network infrastructure is required.
WIRELESS TRANSMISSION: Speed references for comparative purposes only. Actual speed varies with environment, equipment, and other factors, and will be less. Range may vary due to number of users, interference and transmission barriers, such as walls and building material.
FOR DELL LCD TVS WITH PICTURE-IN-PICTURE (PIP), PICTURE-OUT-PICTURE (POP), AND PICTURE-BY-PICTURE (PBP): The P/P (PIP, POP, PBP) feature supports viewing of two content sources simultaneously, but not two TV channels unless the viewer has an additional TV tuner.
FOR HARD DRIVES: : GB means 1 billion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less. For hard drives, one TB = one trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
DELL PRINTERS: LASER TONER CARTRIDGE YIELD: : Are based on testing in accordance with their respective ISO/IEC testing methodology. Yields vary with usage and environmental conditions.
FOR DELL MULTIFUNCTION PRINTER: Scanning is only available via single PC connection to printer USB port or wireless connection. USB cable sold separately (where applicable).
PRODUCT PERFORMANCE: We often quote speeds and other performance data (such as printer speed or processor speeds). Please note that these quotes are only for comparative purposes and your actual speed or other performance can vary with a host of factors, including the other equipment or telephone line used.
PROJECTOR LUMENS: Bulb brightness degrades with age. Ask Dell for recommendations regarding bulb replacement.
MODEM SPEED: Modem download speeds are limited to 53Kbps. Upload speeds are less (about 30Kbps). Speeds can vary by line condition and modem manufacturer. Analog phone line and service required.
GRAPHICS SOLUTION: Your graphics solution may use a portion of your system memory to support graphic depending on your operating system, system memory size and other factors.
DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY: Dual-channel memory requires 2 each of the same capacity memory DIMMs.
DELL WARRANTIES AND SERVICES
ON-SITE SERVICE AND ADVANCED EXCHANGE SERVICE: Technician, replacement part or unit (depending on service contract) will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions (onsite and/or next business day service not available in some locations) and terms of service contract. Service timing dependent upon time of day call placed to Dell. Defective unit must be returned or paid for. Replacements may be refurbished. For Dell projectors, bulbs have a 90 day limited warranty.
How long does this limited hardware warranty last?
This limited hardware warranty lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip, invoice or receipt except for the following Dell-branded hardware:
Clarifications and limitations pertaining to products with Extended Life Limited Hardware Warranty
- All variants of ioDrive® NAND Flash devices carry the length of the limited hardware warranty coverage for the Dell system with which the ioDrive NAND Flash device is shipped. ioDrive NAND Flash devices are not eligible for purchase of extended warranty coverage beyond a total of 5 years of coverage from the original shipment date. Additionally, ioDrive NAND Flash devices use a silicon technology that has a maximum number of physical bytes that can be written to the device (the Rated Life). The applicable limited hardware warranty covers failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, but does not cover problems related to the device reaching its maximum Rated Life. ioDrive is a registered trademark of Fusion-io.
- As part of standard portable configuration, batteries carry a base 1-year limited hardware warranty regardless of the length of the system warranty. In addition, for some products, a customer has the option of purchasing a battery that comes with a 3-year limited hardware warranty.
- The warranty for a print head that is included as original equipment in the Dell mobile printer is for parts only and is effective for a period of 1 year after the date of purchase of the printer or 1000 prints of printer usage, whichever occurs first.
- Your Series 5, 6 or 7 PERC controller battery may provide up to 72 hours of controller cache memory backup power when new. Under the 1-year limited hardware warranty, we warrant that the battery will provide at least 24 hours of backup coverage during the 1-year limited hardware warranty period.
- Your Series 8 PERC controller battery comes with a 3-year limited hardware warranty, which cannot be extended beyond 3 years.
- Projector lamps carry a 90-day limited hardware warranty.
- Dell-certified and Dell-branded memory purchased separately from a Dell system (Dell-certified memory) carries a lifetime limited hardware warranty.
- The limited hardware warranty for monitors purchased independent of a system lasts for the time period indicated on your packing slip, invoice, receipt or other sales documentation. Monitors purchased with a system are covered by the system limited hardware warranty.
- The limited hardware warranty for a Dell external hard disk drive purchased simultaneously with a system lasts for the longer of (a) 2 years; or (b) the duration of the system's limited hardware warranty.
- PDAs, earphones and remote in-line controls carry a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
- Other add-on hardware carries the longer of either a 1-year limited hardware warranty for new parts and a 90-day limited hardware warranty for reconditioned parts or, for both new and reconditioned parts, the remainder of the warranty for the Dell product on which such parts are installed.
- SATA hard drives in PowerEdge, PowerEdge SC and PowerVaultTM systems carry the lesser of either a 1-year limited hardware warranty or the length of the limited hardware warranty for the Dell system with which the SATA hard drive is shipped. Service offerings, such as Dell ProSupportTM , may be available to extend the SATA hard drive warranty period on these systems for an additional fee.
- Select PowerConnectTM products carry a lifetime limited hardware warranty with Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for as long as you own the product. The PowerConnect products covered by the lifetime limited hardware warranty are: the PowerConnect 2800 series, the PowerConnect 3500 series, the PowerConnect 5500 series, the PowerConnect 6200 series, the PowerConnect 7000 series and the PowerConnect 8000 series. See www.dell.com/LifetimeWarranty for more details.
- Select PowerConnect products carry an Extended Life Limited Hardware Warranty with Basic Hardware Service, which extends until 5 years after end of product model sales, subject to the specific clarifications and limitations listed below. The Extended Life Limited Hardware Warranty does not include configuration or other advanced service provided by Dell ProSupport. The Extended Life Limited Hardware Warranty is not transferrable.
- B-Series FCX / FCXs - Internal power supply and fans are covered; however, warranty excludes removable optics and LEDs.
- J-Series EX4200 - Warranty does not include optics and limits fan and power supply to 5 years from date of purchase.
- W-Series Access Points: W-AP92/93/93H, W-IAP92/93, W-AP104/105, W-IAP105, W-AP124/125, W-AP134/135, W-IAP134/135 - Warranty limits any power supply, antennae or accessories to 1 year from date of purchase.
The limited hardware warranty on all Dell-branded products purchased directly from Dell begins on the date of the packing slip, invoice, receipt or other sales documentation. For products purchased from third-party retailers or resellers, the limited hardware warranty begins on the date of your original sales receipt. The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product or any parts. Dell may change the availability of limited hardware warranties, at its discretion, but any changes will not be retroactive.
- Enterprise value, read intensive and slim SSD Class Drives are not eligible for purchase of extended warranty coverage beyond 3 years.
- Dell power distribution units (PDUs) and keyboard/monitor/mouse consoles (KMMs) purchased independent of a system carry a 3-year limited hardware warranty. Dell PDUs and KMMs purchased with a system are covered by the greater of 3 years or the term of the system limited hardware warranty.
- All variants of PowerEdge Express Flash PCIe SSD SLC devices carry the length of the limited hardware warranty coverage for the Dell system with which the PowerEdge Express Flash PCIe SSD SLC device is shipped. PowerEdge Express Flash PCIe SSD SLC devices are not eligible for purchase of extended warranty coverage beyond a total of 5 years of coverage from the original shipment date. Additionally, PowerEdge Express Flash PCIe SSD devices use a silicon technology that has a maximum number of physical bytes that can be written to the device (the Device Life). The applicable limited hardware warranty covers failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, but does not cover problems related to the device reaching its maximum Device Life.
- All variants of the Intel 320 SSD series drives carry the length of the limited hardware warranty coverage for the Dell system with which they are shipped. Intel 320 SSD drives are not eligible for purchase of extended warranty coverage beyond a total of 5 years of coverage from the original shipment date. Intel 320 SSD drives use a NAND flash technology that has a maximum total bytes of data that may be written to the drives before the drives wear out and become unresponsive. The maximum total bytes of written data varies by capacity and workloads of the drives (see the device data sheet). The applicable limited hardware warranty covers failures due to defects in workmanship and materials, but does not cover issues related to the drive surpassing its maximum total bytes of written data. In order to ensure the full life expectancy of the drives, customers are advised to use them only in read-intensive applications.
Services Not Covered with Limited Software Support
Additional services, such as installation, configuration, design, and consulting are not covered but can be purchased separately through Remote Advisory Services (RAS).
Additional break/fix software support and limited How-To Assistance are not covered but are available through a ProSupport service contract.
Third party products are not covered under Dell's Terms and Conditions. Manufacturer's warranty applies.
OTHER SERVICE OFFERS: Go to www.dell.co.in/solutionstation for details.