Image Management Services include comprehensive solutions for Image Development and Validation, Image Maintenance and Image Deployment. They offer the following benefits:
- Simplify deployment through image testing
- Maintain your images for secure backup
- Help lower cost of ownership through one-touch factory integration
- Help ensure a consistent software build throughout your organization
|How To Purchase ||Contact your Dell Sales Representative or call 1-800-WWW-DELL|
The Right Approach to Image Management
Images are a snapshot of the software, applications, and the operating system (OS) installed on computers that can greatly reduce deployment time and error. Dell Image Management Services provide a fully functional image ready for system deployment, built by Dell imaging consultants according to your specifications. Our consultants are skilled at scripting and providing cross-platform imaging using Microsoft® Sysprep.
Years of experience constructing images for varied customer needs has lead to a standardized process and best practices for imaging. This helps ensure the image is right the first time, to help you get a fully functional image ready for system deployment.
- Standard package provides hardware-dependent, platform specific image development.
- Standard package includes development of a new image or migration of an existing image to a new operating system.
- Dell Image Development Services (IDS) engineer works on-site according to pre-defined image specification agreed to by you and Dell.
- Dell can maintain your image for industry changes such as driver updates.
Optional FeaturesNEW! ImageDirect
Securely create, load and manage custom images onto the Dell client systems you purchase. We have fully integrated ImageDirect into our production systems so that the images you create can be seamlessly applied to your systems during the manufacturing process. Additionally, by allowing you to focus on the management of a single image that works across multiple platforms and departments and by substantially automating much of this work, ImageDirect can streamline image management and enable more robust client images.
Using icon-driven functionality, the Dell ImageDirect service prompts you to import, create and manage images; upload and manage components; and download images and drivers. Depending on your needs, you can import and/or build images to your specifications. Additionally, images can be downloaded for validation in your environment. This helps to ensure a consistent software build throughout your organization and helps you meet any licensing and compliance requirements.