Dell Virtualisation Services can help you identify immediate results by designing and implementing practical, reliable and comprehensive solutions for your unique environment. Virtualization services from Dell provide the following benefits:
- Provide a flexible, tested process to virtualisation, matched to your current user needs and future demands.
- Help create operational advantage through increased provisioning agility and the ability to reach total cost of ownership (TCO) savings.
- Trusted single point of contact for a complete virtualisation solution.
- Help remove complexity from your server infrastructure by implementing tested and validated solutions featuring standards-base systems and best of breed technologies.
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more details|
The Right Approach to Virtualisation
Dell’s virtualisation expertise and best practices provide outstanding quality and value - Dell’s service professionals can help you achieve the full benefits of virtualisation technology with solutions that provide:
- A standards-based virtualisation strategy that can help lower costs and preserve choice and control
- A direct, uncomplicated approach that simplifies implementation, speeding time to productivity
- Solutions designed to deliver leading performance, availability and overall value
Virtualisation Consultative Whiteboard Session
A roundtable session with a Dell Virtualisation Expert. This session is focused on discussing Virtualisation capabilities and understanding your priorities. Dell service professionals will share leading edge perspectives and best practices to help you identify the best upgrade/migration options.
Virtualisation Technology WorkshopDell technology workshops help customers understand the potential of virtualisation technology. They complement any phase of the solution life-cycle.
Dell experts can:
And…Workshops help you focus on your most critical needs, including:
- Show you how virtualisation technology can meet your current and future requirements.
- Take you on an in-depth, hands-on guided tour of the new technology.
- Adopting Virtualisation as a cornerstone of Data Centre operations.
- Consolidating Servers with Physical to Virtual Migration.
- Business Continuity.
- Optimising/upgrading your current virtualised environment.
Assessments are designed to help you make informed decisions to maximise the benefits of virtualisation in your unique environment. At the conclusion of the assessment phase, Dell experts will have identified the full scope of solution option and will provide recommendations for maximising value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Running of automated discovery tools and conducting interviews with key personnel within your organisation to determine the full range of current and future systems requirements.
- Planning server consolidation -- including which servers to consolidate, when to consolidate them and how with Dell’s expert recommendations.
- Providing Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership analysis.
The following are two types of assessments carried out by Dell:
Virtualisation Readiness Assessment (VRA)
The VRA provides an in-depth investigation of the impact a virtual infrastructure will have on your infrastructure – helping you pinpoint how your newly virtualised environment can improve server management, maximise uptime and accelerate deployment. Dell service professionals provide recommendations based on best practices, TCO/ROI analysis and real performance data gathered using an automated tool.
Virtualisation Overview Assessment (VOA)
The VOA provides clear visibility of server virtualisation consolidation ratio using real server based performance data collected through an automated tool. The result is that the customer will be presented with a report outlining recommendations based on real performance data including inventories of server population, CPU utilisation, network performance and identification of servers that should be considered as virtualisation candidates and those that should not.
Design services lay the path for success by providing a comprehensive and detailed virtualisation architecture and implementation plan – based on our experience-driven best practices. At the conclusion of the design engagement you will have a complete understanding of how the solution can be implemented successfully in your environment with minimal end-user disruption.
Dell experts can implement your complete virtualisation solution – hardware and software – so that you can you quickly capture the value of the solution.
Implementation services include:
Take advantage of Dell's Enterprise Support Services to support your new solution: Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site* services, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime.
For details go to Enterprise Support Services.
Upgrade to VI 3.0 Related Services
Dell's experts will help you upgrade your virtualisation infrastructure from VMware's enterprise product versions 2.x to VI 3.x Upgrades may necessitate further server consolidation and virtualisation of additional workloads as well as adopting advanced Configuration and Management techniques.