Dell's Systems Management Services feature a comprehensive approach to systems management -- focused on providing inherently manageable, standards-based architectures that allow proactive, streamlined management of your environment.
- Established solutions for managing patch deployment
- Ability to test and reliably deploy updates throughout your environment
- Centralised management model
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more details|
The Right Approach to Systems Management
Assessments are designed to help you make informed decisions about how to maximise the benefits of integrated systems management solutions in your environment. At the conclusion of the assessment engagement, Dell experts will have identified the full scope of solution options and will provide recommendations for maximising value.
Key activities during the assessment include:
- Baseline mapping of your current environment -- including server hardware, installed software, WAN/LAN, domain topology and security via automated discovery tools and interviews with key personnel
- Evaluation of risks and development of mitigation plans with detailed recommendations
- Creation of an implementation strategy
Design services lay the path for success by providing a comprehensive and detailed systems management methodology and implementation plan - based on our experienced-driven best practices. At the conclusion of the design engagement you will have a comprehensive understanding of how the solution can be implemented successfully in your environment with minimal end-user disruption.
Dell experts can implement your comprehensive systems management solution, so that you can you quickly capture the value of the solution.
Implementation services include:
- Pilot deployment of the new system
- Knowledge transfer from Dell's experts: empowering your IT team to efficiently administer your solution
Take advantage of Dell's Enterprise Support Services to help support your new solution. Dell provides a modular suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance. At the core of this suite are four bundles combining alternative levels of technical phone support, on-site services*, and account management features designed to address increasing levels of system uptime.
For details go to Enterprise Support Services.
Systems Management Server Implementation
Drawing on years of experience, Dell leverages our established methodology and project management expertise to provide efficient and effective solutions in a timely manner. Our expert consultants work to understand your business objectives and IT strategies to help design plans with the flexibility to adapt to current environments and deliver the desired results.
- Detailed report of operational and technical risks associated with your current infrastructure as well as mitigation plans
- Comprehensive report which outlines key findings, overall vision of the SMS environment, and a recommended approach for moving forward
- Information concerning taxonomy and metadata (site structure, content structure and organisation) as well as the technical architecture of the servers
- Detailed "best practices" scenarios for implementation
- Testing, beta rollout and verification of SMS within your environment including patch management security review
- Knowledge transfer with detailed report that outlines best practices